Sharing Our Space at Reasonable Rates
The Philadelphia Ethical Society is very fortunate to have a beautiful and historic building in a convenient and comfortable area of Center City Philadelphia, Rittenhouse Square.
In addition to having our humanist religious services and various classes here, we at the Ethical Society share our building’s variety of meeting and other event spaces with others. We make those spaces available at reasonable rental rates to families, cultural organizations, socially progressive groups, and others for events such as weddings, concerts, and conferences.
Up five steps from the sidewalk, the Rittenhouse Square entrance leads into our lobby. From the lobby, there is direct entrance to our auditorium with a concert grand piano. Stairs from the lobby lead up to the second floor with our assembly/dining room, kitchen, and conference rooms. Stairs down from the lobby lead to our lower level community room.
You may check the availability of your dates on our calendar here. If a space shows as available, you may create a “skedda” account and enter your reservation. No booking is final until approved by the office and payment is received.
If you have other rental questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Please continue down this page to learn more about our different rental spaces.
Rental Inquiry Form
Our Distinct Rental Spaces Meet Your Needs
- This bright and airy space with tall Palladian windows is recognized as an excellent acoustic recital hall, or we can transform it into a beautiful venue for your dinner party or other special event.
- Set up for dining, this space is comfortable for 100 guests, or 120 if the Lobby is also added to your rental. With theater seating the room accommodates up to 180.
- Rental includes all tables and chairs, and use of basic house sound system with microphones for announcements or background music. A podium is available if desired.
- Optional rental items include our Steinway nine-foot concert grand piano; or ceiling-mounted digital projector with large screen above the stage. Additional charges apply for these items.
- This room is wheelchair accessible by means of a custodian-operated lift at the Manning Street entrance, and there is an accessible restroom. Regular accessibility is up 5 stairs from street level.
- Base room rental is $400 for a day-time or evening concert or meeting, $575 on Saturday night. Dinner parties and dances start at $575 weekdays, and $825 on Saturday night*. (*Custodian set up required on Saturday night, additional fee of $150 applies.)
- On the second level (accessible by stairs only) you will find our Assembly /Dining Room. This space may be rented for day-time and evening meetings, with some weekly group availability.
- Special event availability is limited to Saturday morning and afternoon, until 4:30 pm; and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights for events beginning at 7 pm or later.
- Comfortable seating for 100 guests, 100-plus for dances.
- Usual set-up is 6 round tables with 7 chairs each, and 3-4 buffet tables. Furniture may be cleared to the edges for dances, rehearsals, or workshops.
- Rental includes tables and chairs, use of basic PA system for music play-back and announcements, lectern if desired. Portable digital projector available for add-on charge.
- Conveniently adjacent to the kitchen for self-catering.
- Room is air-conditioned and has wi-fi.
- Base rental for the Dining Room is $275 for a half-day or evening.
- These small-group meeting rooms on the 2nd floor overlook beautiful Rittenhouse Square.
- Comfortably accommodate 12 to 16 around conference tables, or up to approximately 30 for an audience-style presentation.
- Rooms have wi-fi and are air-conditioned.
- Base rental is $75 for a half-day or evening. Hourly rental is possible before 5pm.
- The Community Room, located on the lower level (below the Auditorium), is a warm, carpeted space for larger community meetings, children’s and movement classes, rehearsal space, and similar activities.
- This room has available wi-fi, a projection wall, rehearsal piano, and 60 padded folding chairs.
- Base rental is $75 for a half-day or evening. Hourly rental is possible before 5pm, longer term rental is discounted.