Letter writing and group demonstrations to abolish the death penalty. For information and current activities, contact Kate email@example.com, (215) 735-3456
Send e-mail to Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the Society at (215) 735-3456. Also, upcoming and recent ethical actions by the EHSOP are often covered in the Society's newsletter, Ethical Views.
Camp Linden is an outdoor education and recreation program for inner-city children.
Help throughout the year with maintaining the camp. There are opportunities for volunteering with the children during the summer. More Info
- Buy and present personal dictionaries for public elementary school students from neighborhoodls in need of resources
- Prepare and serve dinners once a month for Trinity Memorial Church's Men's Shelter (December through April)
- Announce at Sunday service and provide copies of letters for 2-3 Amnesty International prisoners of conscience every other month for signing by Society members and attenders
- Conduct special collections at many Sunday platforms for progressive and charitable organizations with principles aligned with Ethical Culture development
- Monitor and make decisions about the Kiva loan account that the Society established several years ago.
- Membership drive and advocacy for the Southern Poverty Law Center
- Co-planning of Peace Day Philly
- Host and co-sponsor of the Human Rights Day event
- Marching in Philly Pride Parade
- "The Ethical Humanist Society of Philadelphia supports the Occupy Movement in its quest for economic justice."
"The Ethical Action Committee’s areas of responsibility include community outreach programs and fostering citizen involvement in social and political regional, national, and international issues – not to include support of individual political candidates or political parties."
For EAC meetings and other activities, contact chairperson via email@example.com or (215) 735-3456.
(Note that our listing a group here does not mean we agree with everything that the listed group says or does.)
- Call in our Sunday platform services for member and attender actions as suggested in our national organization, American Ethical Union's monthly Ethical Action Report.
- Host in our building for meetings and work with Pennsylvanians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty to educate about abolishing the death penalty.
- Host in our building for meetings and work with the Philadelphia area chapter of Amnesty International to free prisoners of conscience world-wide.
- Conduct with the United Nations Association of Greater Philadelphia an annual celebration of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights on Human Rights Day, December 10.